| Real Estate Code of Conduct|
Roommate ads may state preferences, but may not be discriminatory or exclude any individuals or groups from consideration.
Security deposits equal to 1 month of rent are allowed in most provinces and territories in Canada, with the following exceptions:
- Half month rent permitted in BC, Manitoba, and Nova Scotia
- 3/4 month’s rent is all that is allowed in Newfoundland
- Quebec: security deposit and last month rent not permitted
- Ontario: security deposits are not allowed, but last month rent is
Key Deposits are not allowed in most provinces and territories in Canada, with the following exceptions:
- Permitted in BC, Saskatchewan and Yukon
- Key deposit may be requested as part of the security deposit in Alberta
Ads which do not meet Kijiji policies or abide by local laws and by-laws may be removed at our discretion.