Kijiji does not have any partnerships with third party websites that facilitate transactions. Any website claiming to have an agreement with Kijiji where they facilitate transaction and payment via their website is fraudulent. These escrow sites will not provide you with the items after you have sent funds. The emails sent by fraudsters to persuade you to use their fraudulent website may look something like this:
The atv is in excellent condition, absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's very clean. The title is in the VRS Trading Post possession as well, already signed by me and notarized so they will be responsible for the title transfer. VRS Trading Post specialize in online consignment sales for individuals, businesses, and non-profit groups. The company website is www.vrstradingpost.com
I left the atv in their possession last week and I just listed it recently on Kijiji. The fact that I'm not home will not affect the selling procedure through this service.
The process goes like this: if you agree with the atv description and price, you must register on their website and they will send you an invoice with the payment instructions and the transaction details. You send the payment to them and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will start the shipping process, which usually takes between 3 and 5 working days. As soon as you will receive the atv , a 10 Day money Back Guarantee starts (which is a standard guarantee for all items listed on Kijiji) and you can inspect it and see if it's everything you expected. This guarantee allows you to return the atv if by any chance something is wrong with it, my description was not accurate or I failed to specify something about it's condition. Basically you can return the atv with no questions asked and if that's the case the returning process will be free of charge for you, I will be held responsible for all costs. If you like the atv and accept it, then you'll sign that you accept it and they will transfer the payment to me.
I forgot to mention that the complete process is free of charge for you, the listed price on Kijiji already includes all the fees including the shipping and handling, so there is no reason to be scared for any extra fees, there are none. The process is very simple and secure, it may sound a little complicated because I had to explain the whole deal in details, it really isn't complicated at all. I hope you are still interested and if you would like to start the process you need to register at www.vrstradingpost.com. If that's the case please make sure you understand the process and read the terms and conditions listed on their website before you register. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words."
Please report any emails and websites such as this to our customer support team
at your earliest convenience.
The best rule of thumb while using Kijiji is to meet up with the person you are communicating with the good old fashioned way: face to face!
Thank you in advance for your assistance in drawing these matters to our attention, and for keeping Kijiji safe for all users!
Trading during COVID-19
In order to help ensure the health and safety of our Kijiji Community, it is important to observe and apply protocols outlined by Health Canada when trading with other users of Kijiji. Your well-being remains our top priority. Please seriously consider whether in-person meetings are necessary.
If the transaction you’re making is necessary, please consider the following options:
Other things to consider:
- Cashless Payment: Please consider choosing your preferred third party, secure cashless payment method.
- Shipping: If considering sending/receiving the item via Canada Post or other shipping agents, ensure that the agent you’re using is reputable; it’s recommended that if using a shipping agent, that a tracking number is used and additional precautions are taken when sending/receiving items; particularly items of a high value. Increased care should be taken with high value items to ensure both sides are comfortable sending or receiving the item through a postal or shipping service. Please note, Kijiji itself does not offer postal or shipping services; it is organized between buyer and seller (agreement should be mutual, and we recommend confirming all details such as service provider, cost, packaging, pick up location and delivery address). Kijiji will not be held responsible for items not received or for any items that do not meet the buyer’s expectations (including where they are not as described).
- Curbside pickup / Drop-off / Delivery: This can be a great alternative to shipping and allows both buyer and seller to inspect the item and make an exchange, all while observing social-distancing protocols.
- Remote Inspections / Video Chat(s) / Virtual Tour(s) (Long Terms Rentals): Remote inspections via your preferred video conferencing call service, enables Community Members to discuss the transaction, while observing social-distancing protocols; Community Members can also send additional images, to show features/condition.
- Online Applications in Long Term Rentals: Online applications for rental agreements enable the landlord and applicant to interact while observing social-distancing protocols. Be careful of applications that request information such as Age, Occupation, Income, Gender and more sensitive information such as bank or SIN card numbers. These can often be attempts to steal information. Please note that Kijiji does not facilitate online applications and we are not involved in any agreements made between the landlord and applicant.
- Clean / Disinfect Items: We recommend cleaning items before and after a transaction as per the Health Canada page on Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention. Please visit Health Canada to learn more about precautions to take at this time.