So you’ve found that perfect something on Kijiji? Here’s how to get it!
Messaging an ad
|1||Open the ad you’re interested in.|
|2||Select one of our quick-message options or type in a unique message in the Write custom message box.|
|3||If you’d like a copy of your message emailed to you, click Send me a copy of email.
- In the Real Estate category, there is an option to Request a Viewing with landlords by providing available dates and times to see the rental unit in person
- This is available for owner and professional listings but not yet available for business listings from Kijiji My Business subscribers
|4||When you’re finished, click Send message.|
You should now see a “Your message has been sent!” note appear. To see all your open conversations, click on the My Messages button (it looks like a chat bubble).
Receiving and Responding to Replies
When someone replies to you, you’ll get a notification in your email as well as in your My Messages section. If you have the Kijiji app, you can also receive a notification on your mobile device. Note that for professional listings, replies will only be be sent via email so remember to continue the conversation with the sender through email.
|1||Click the Reply button in the message email or go to Kijiji directly and click the My Messages button (it looks like a chat bubble).|
|2||If you’ve come from your email, you’ll already be in the conversation you need. If you came from the main Kijiji page, click on the conversation you want to open. You should see the entire history of your messages back and forth. To see more, scroll up.|
|3||Write your message in the Type a message box.|
|4||When you’re finished, click the send button (it looks like a paper airplane).|
- Your email address and the sender's email address will remain masked throughout the transaction (showing the domain as @rts.kijiji.ca). The only place where your email will not be masked is in replies to professional listings or ads in the Jobs category.
- Messages are only stored in your account for 60 days after the first message was sent. After 60 days, the conversation will be removed from your account and you will no longer be able to reply.
- If you're having trouble receiving emails, make sure you're checking all your email folders. Please also make sure that our email domain (@kijiji.ca) isn't in the Blocked Senders list but is included in the Safe Senders lists (these lists are located in your email account settings in the browser). Additionally make sure that you don't have any firewall settings that would prevent our emails from getting through.
|1||Click the My Messages button (it looks like a chat bubble).|
|2||Hover your curser over the conversation you want to remove and click the Delete button that appears. If you want to delete more than one conversation at a time, you can click the checkbox next to the conversation you want to remove and then click Delete.|
|3||A confirmation box will appear. Click Delete to confirm.|
After removing a conversation, it won’t be visible in your inbox anymore. If you still have the email copy, you can reply from that email and the conversation history will reappear in your inbox after a new message was sent. After 60 days from the day the conversation started, the conversation will be removed permanently and will no longer be recoverable.