Whether you’re browsing just to see what’s out there or narrowing in on that perfect vehicle with laser-point precision, learning how to use the full power of our search filters will make browsing for your next vehicle a breeze.
Once you’ve hit search, you’ll be brought to the search results page. Along the left side of this page, you’ll see a list of filters. This is where the real power of searching comes into play. You can select a price range, body type, transmission, drivetrain, and more.
- At the top of the page, click Set Location or Change (you’ll see Change if you already had a location set).
- Type your address or postal code into the location bar. Hit enter or click out of the search bar to let it load. If you’d rather have it detect your location automatically, you can click the arrow button within the location bar.
Note: This will require you to allow us to detect your location. To do this, you’ll have to click Allow when your browser asks for permission.
- Select a maximum distance. This will remove any ads that are more than the selected distance from your location. It defaults to 100km, but you can select as close as 1km or as far as 1,000km.
Note: If you want to search all of Canada, remove your location entirely and then click the results button.
Selecting a Trim
The trim field will allow you to type in any trim you’d like. Please make sure that you’re entering in the trim exactly as it’s written by the manufacturers. If there are no search results under the trim you’ve entered, it will show the closest matches.
Selecting Your Filters
You can select as many filters as you’d like or leave them blank. Blank filters have no effect on your searches, so if you don’t have a preference, you don’t have to choose an option for every filter.
Many of the filters allow multiple options to be selected at once to allow you total control over your own searches. For example, if you’re interested in sedans but aren’t quite ready to give up your dream of finding the perfect convertible, you can select both!
All of your selected filters will be shown along the side of the search results page.
- To change a filter, click on it along the side of the page.
- If it’s a typed filter like kilometres, type in your new preference.
If it’s a multi-choice filter, the options you’ve selected will appear darker. Click on an option to add it to your selection. Re-click on an option to deselect it.
- When you’ve made your changes, click the results button to search again.
In the search results page, you’ll see each of your selected filters along the side of the page. You can remove filters one at a time by clicking directly on them, and then Reset. To remove them all at once, click Reset at the top of the filters list.