Comparing prices when buying vehicles can often be time consuming and challenging. Some makes and models have different features, and then you have to consider each vehicle’s available history – such as its number of kilometres. The Kijiji Price Analysis feature can help!
How Does It Work?
Carfax Canada provides Kijiji Autos with an estimated price for a used vehicle based on its available history. The market data considered by CARFAX Canada will vary based on a number of factors, which can include odometer readings, damage, and what similar vehicles have sold for nearby.
Once we’ve received CARFAX Canada’s estimated price for a used vehicle, we add a label as a quick way for you to identify how the listed price compares to that estimated price.
There are 5 types of labels you’ll encounter on the site:
- Great Deal — Clearly below the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos.
- Good Deal — Slightly below the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos.
- Fair Deal — Within the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos.
- Above Average — Above the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos.
- Not Rated — Far above or below the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos.
- No Data — No estimated price could be provided to Kijiji Autos for the listed vehicle.
Above Average Vehicles
If a vehicle is labelled as Above Average, it doesn’t mean it isn’t worth taking a look. Sometimes a vehicle may be over the estimated price provided to Kijiji Autos because it’s had an expensive part replaced, or it has special features that similar vehicles don’t have. If it’s within your budget, don’t hesitate to reach out to the seller to find out more!
No Data Vehicles
These labels are usually given because there are not enough vehicles like the one listed on the market. In some cases, the seller may not have entered all the required data.
Are you a seller? Adding a VIN number and / or TRIM information will help make the Price Analysis for your vehicle on Kijiji Autos more accurate.