Whether you’re browsing just to see what’s out there or narrowing in on that perfect vehicle with laser-point precision, learning how to use the full power of our search filters will make browsing for your next vehicle a breeze.
Filters can be added before or after you start a search. From the search results page, you can add, edit, or delete filters by tapping Filters. To see more options, scroll down to the bottom of the filters screen. This is where the real power of searching comes into play. You can select a price range, body type, transmission, drivetrain and more.
- From the Search screen or search results screen, tap Set location or Change (you’ll see Change if you already had a location set).
- Type your address or postal code into the location bar. If you’d rather have it detect your location automatically, you can click the arrow button within the location bar.
Note: This will require you to allow us to detect your location. To do this, you’ll have to choose Allow when your device asks for permission.
- Select a maximum distance. This will remove any ads that are more than the selected distance from your location. It defaults to 100km, but you can select as close as 5kms or as far as 1,000km.
Note: If you want to search all of Canada, remove your location entirely and then tap the results button.
Selecting a Trim
The trim field will allow you to type in any trim you’d like. Please make sure that you’re entering in the trim exactly as it’s written by the manufacturers. If there are no search results under the trim you’ve entered, it will show the closest matches.
Selecting Your Filters
To see all of the filter options, tap More filters. You can select as many filters as you’d like or leave them blank. Leaving a filter blank will have no effect on your searches, so if you don’t have a preference, you don’t have to choose an option for every filter.
Many of the filters allow multiple options to be selected at once to allow you total control over your own searches. For example, if you’re interested in sedans but aren’t quite ready to give up your dream of finding the perfect convertible, you can select both!
All of your selected filters will be shown along the top of the search results page.
- To change a filter, tap on it or Filters reopen the filters screen.
- If it’s a typed filter like kilometres, type in your new preference.
If it’s a multi-choice filter, the selected options will appear darker (if you’re in dark mode, they’ll appear lighter). Tap on an option to add it to your selection. Re-tap on an option to deselect it.
- When you’ve made your changes, tap the results button to search again.
In the search results page, you’ll see each of your selected filters along the top of the page. You can remove filters one at a time by tapping on them and then tapping Reset. To remove them all at once, tap Filters, then tap Reset at the top of the filters list.