Leaving a review on Kijiji helps our community make informed decisions, encourage fair transactions, and celebrate big wins. You’re adding to an important database, and it only takes a few minutes!
*Please note that the process for leaving a review is only triggered when both parties confirm that a transaction has been completed.
Things to keep in mind when reviewing other users
As the seller, you’ll have the option to leave a review when the buyer receives a notification to confirm the seller had sold to them, and the transaction is completed. This happens after the seller has deleted the listing, and must be done within 14 days.
Once the buyer has confirmed, a notification is sent to the seller inviting them to leave a review. Both parties have 14 days to do this. If there is no confirmation, you won’t see an option to leave a review. The option to leave a review is only available if the conversation related to the transaction occurs through Kijiji via messaging, or email. If the conversation occurs via other means, for example telephone call or SMS, there will not be an option to leave a review.
If both the buyer and seller leave a review within 14 days, the reviews will be published immediately. If only the buyer, or the seller, leaves a review, it will be published in 14 days.
To leave a review following a confirmed sale via Kijiji:
- On desktop, sign into your account and click on the My Ads section which is located on the top right corner of the screen. You can find it by clicking the profile button with your picture/icon.
- Select the listing that you'd like to delete. Click the Trash Can icon and confirm the sale via Kijiji by selecting: My Kijiji Ad Worked.
- Select the conversation related to the exchange that you would like to review and click Delete Listing.
- The buyer will receive a notification confirming that the seller has completed the sale.
- Once confirmed, both parties can leave a rating of 1-5 stars and select reasons for the rating by tapping/clicking on them. There is no limit to the amount of reasons that can be selected; reasons can be unselected by clicking/tapping on them again.
- After these selections have been made, click Submit review.
- Your review, username, profile photo (if available), and this listing’s category will be made public on the reviewed user’s profile after the 14-day review window ends. Or when both you and the other user have submitted a review.
How to view reviews by other users
If a buyer or seller has reviews on their profile, you’ll see their average star rating at the top of their message. If you’d like to see more reviews left for them, you have 3 options:
- Click on their profile information within your conversation.
- Click View profile, or if they already have reviews, click Reviews.
- Click the Reviews tab. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
How to view your own reviews
If another user has left you a review, it will appear on your profile after the 14-day reviewing window has closed. If both parties have left a review, it will appear immediately on your profile. To see your own profile information:
- Click the Navigation Menu button (it appears as a person icon, letter icon, or your profile photo).
- Select Account Settings.
- Click View my profile on the right side of the page to see what other users see when clicking on your profile.
- Click the Reviews tab to see all of your reviews. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
- Currently the option to leave reviews is only available for non-business users. When messaging users about ads in other categories, you will be able to see their reviews (if they have any), but you will not be able to leave a review.
- To ensure the integrity of the review system, users are not able to edit or remove reviews on their own profile or someone else’s. Kijiji will also not mediate review-related disputes and published reviews will remain 'as is'. Please give our Review Policies page a close read before leaving a review.
Still have questions? Learn more