Kijiji is introducing reviews to improve your buying and selling experience! Leaving reviews allows you to let users know what you loved about your interaction, as well as what they can improve next time. By being able to make more informed decisions, you can help encourage fair trading and ensure that every interaction on Kijiji is a great one.
Reviewing Other Users
At least seven messages must be exchanged between buyer and seller to leave a review. Each message must be a direct response to the other user to count towards the minimum seven messages. For example, if a buyer sends three messages in a row before the seller responds, only a single message will be counted. Once the minimum number of messages is met, the option to leave a review will appear after the conversation has been quiet (no messages sent) for 72 hours.
When the ability to leave a review becomes available, a notice will appear at the top of your open conversation with a user. You’ll also receive an email to let you know. Once the notice has been sent, you will have a 14-day window to review the user. After 14 days, you will no longer be able to leave a review.
To leave a review:
- Sign into your account and click the My Messages button (it looks like a chat bubble).
- Select the conversation with the user you’d like to review.
- At the top of the conversation, click Review [user’s name]. If you don’t see this option, you may not be able to review yet or the review window may be closed.
- Select a star rating based on your overall interaction with the user.
- Select the reasons that you gave them that rating. You can select as many reasons as you’d like. To unselect a reason, click on it again.
- Click Submit once you’ve completed your selection.
Your review will appear on the seller’s account after the 14-day window closes. They will not be able to see the review you gave them until after the review window has ended.
Note: Once the review window has ended, your review, username, profile photo (if available), and the category of the ad will be made public on the user’s account.
Viewing Other Users’ Reviews
If a buyer or seller has reviews on their profile, you’ll see their average star rating at the top of their message. To see more reviews left for them:
- Click on their profile information within your conversation.
- Click View profile, or if they already have reviews, click Reviews.
- Click the Reviews tab. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
Viewing Your Own Reviews
If another user has left you a review, it will appear on your profile after the 14-day reviewing window has closed. To see your own profile information:
- Click the Navigation Menu button (it appears as a person icon, letter icon, or your profile photo).
- Select Edit Profile.
- Click View my profile on the right side of the page to see what other users see when clicking on your profile.
- Click the Reviews tab to see all of your reviews. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
- The ability to leave reviews is currently only available for non-business users in Kijiji’s Buy & Sell category. When messaging users about ads in other categories, you will be able to see their reviews (if they have any), but you will not be able to leave a review.
- To ensure the integrity of the review system, users are not able to edit or remove reviews on their own profile or someone else’s. Kijiji will also not mediate review-related disputes. Please read our Review Policies page before leaving a review.