Leaving reviews allows you to let users know what you loved about your interaction, as well as what they can improve next time. By enabling other users to make more informed decisions, you can help encourage fair trading and ensure that every interaction on Kijiji is a great one.
Note: The process for leaving reviews will now be triggered when both sides agree that a transaction has been completed. The previous process was based on the amount of replies exchanged.
Reviewing Other Users
The ability to leave a review becomes available when the buyer receives a notification to confirm the seller had sold to them, following the deletion of the ad on the seller’s end; this must be done within 14 days. Once the buyer has confirmed, the seller receives notification that they can now leave a review and both parties have 14 days to do so . If there is no confirmation, there is no option to leave a review. The option to leave a review is only available if the conversation related to the transaction occurs through Kijiji (messaging/email). If the conversation occurs via other means (i.e. via telephone call or SMS), there will not be an option to leave a review.
If both buyer and seller leave a review within 14 days, the reviews will be published immediately; if only the buyer or seller review, it will be published in 14 days.
To leave a review following a confirmed sale via Kijiji:
- Sign into your account and navigate to the My Ads section, by clicking the profile button (with your profile picture/icon) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click directly on the post that you wish to delete, delete with the Trash Can icon and confirm the sale via Kijiji by selecting: My Kijiji Ad Worked.
- Select the conversation related to the exchange that you would like to review and click Delete Listing.
- The buyer then receives a notification to confirm the seller has sold to them and has 14 days to do so.
- Once this is confirmed, both parties have the ability to leave a rating of 1-5 stars and select reasons for the rating by tapping/clicking on them (there is no limit to the amount of reasons that can be selected; reasons can be unselected by clicking/tapping on them again).
- After these selections have been made, click Submit review.
Your review, username, profile photo (if available), and this listing’s category will be made public on the reviewed user’s profile after the 14-day review window ends, or when both you and the other user have submitted a review.
Viewing Other Users’ Reviews
If a buyer or seller has reviews on their profile, you’ll see their average star rating at the top of their message. To see more reviews left for them:
- Click on their profile information within your conversation.
- Click View profile, or if they already have reviews, click Reviews.
- Click the Reviews tab. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
Viewing Your Own Reviews
If another user has left you a review, it will appear on your profile after the 14-day reviewing window has closed. If both parties have left a review, it will appear immediately on your profile. To see your own profile information:
- Click the Navigation Menu button (it appears as a person icon, letter icon, or your profile photo).
- Select Account Settings.
- Click View my profile on the right side of the page to see what other users see when clicking on your profile.
- Click the Reviews tab to see all of your reviews. The tab defaults to all of the most recent reviews.
- The ability to leave reviews is currently only available for non-business users in Kijiji’s Buy & Sell category. When messaging users about ads in other categories, you will be able to see their reviews (if they have any), but you will not be able to leave a review.
- To ensure the integrity of the review system, users are not able to edit or remove reviews on their own profile or someone else’s. Kijiji will also not mediate review-related disputes. Please read our Review Policies page before leaving a review.
- Existing reviews will remain ‘as is’.
Reviews make Kijiji a better community for buyers and sellers. Questions? Learn more